Assignment: Business Intelligence
How is business intelligence managed within an organization? (Chapter 12)
• What ethical and moral considerations bind the uses of information in business? (Chapter 13)
K E Y T E R M S architecture (p. 14) data (p. 10) digital natives (p. 4) information (p. 11) information system (p. 14) information technology (p. 14)
infrastructure (p. 14) internet of things (p. 13) knowledge (p. 12) mashup (p. 11) social business (p. 15) social IT (p. 15)
social media (p. 15) social networking (p. 15) Web 2.0 (p. 3) wisdom (p. 12)
cintro.indd 16 11/26/2015 7:38:31 PM
1 chapter The Information Systems
In February 2015, 1 health care giant Kaiser Permanente named Dick Daniels to the CIO position and the leadership team for the next stage of the company ’ s business strategy: to provide better health care at lower costs. To achieve those goals, Kaiser Permanente, one of the nation ’ s largest not‐for‐profi t health care systems with over 9.5 million members and 2014 operating revenue of $56.4 billion, invested in numerous information systems projects aimed at streamlining operations, offering new services, and meeting government obligations. For example, in 2014, 13% of all the medical appoint- ments were fulfi lled digitally—through e‐mail—to the delight of patients who did not have to make a trip to the doctor ’ s offi ce and to the delight of doctors who were able to check in on their patients, particularly those with chronic conditions, more frequently. Doctors particularly liked this because their annual bonuses were based, in part, on improvements in patient health metrics such as lower blood pressure, reduced blood sugar levels if at risk for diabetes, and improvement in cholesterol scores rather than on the number of tests they ordered or the total billing they brought in. The organi- zation invested heavily in video conferencing technology, mobile apps, and analytics as they fi nished implementing a $4 billion electronic health records system, KP HealthConnect.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25