Assignment : Discuss Project Report
1. To complete this application, you will need to access to the following databases: CINAHL, MEDLINE, Cochrane Library, and the Joanna Briggs Institute. You may access these databases through the Chamberlain College of Nursing Online Library. The library has a main menu available at http://library.chamberlain.edu/index.htmlwith a link for Research Help in the left-hand menu.
2. TheSystematic and Integrative Review of Selected Practice Querypaper is worth 250 points and will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
3. Create your report using Microsoft Word(a part of Microsoft Office), which is the required format for all Chamberlain College of Nursing documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a Microsoft Word document because it will end in .docx.
4. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about this project may be posted under the Q&A forum.
5. The length of the project report is to be no less than 6 and no greater than 8 pages excluding title page and reference pages.
6. APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headings (upper and lower case, centered, boldface):
Note: Introduction—Write an introduction to thesystematic and integrative review of selected practice query, but do not useIntroduction as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in thePublication manual of the American Psychological Association(2010, p. 63).APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
a. Description of systematic and integrative review of selected practice query(both integrative and systematic review of evidence)
b. Presentation of systematic and integrative review of selected practice query analysisincluding quantitative, qualitative, and economic evidence
Preparing the Project Report
The following are best practices for preparing this project report:
1. When introducing the systematic and integrative review of selected practice query, be sure to include pertinent background information regarding the topic (who, what, where, when, and why).
2. When describing the selected practice query, be sure to fully identify and address evidence using a synthesis (integrative review citing areas of agreement and disagreement among authors) approach for the written summary and embed or attach the evidence table (systematic review citing leveling and grading of evidence) using the template found in Course Resources.
3. When presenting the systematic and integrative review of selected practice query analysis, be sure to fully incorporate evidence fromquantitative, qualitative, and economic sources.
NR714 Week 8 You Decide Reflection Latest 2017 November
You Decide Reflection
The purpose of this applicationis to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on selected DNP competencies acquired through the NR714 course.
This assignment provides documentation of student ability to meet the following course outcomes:
CO1: Formulate PICOT/PICoT questions relevant to advanced nursing practice (PO #3).
CO4: Compare and contrast differences and similarities with selected characteristics of qualitative, quantitative, and economic research designs (PO #3).
CO5: Evaluate appropriateness of a qualitative research design for a selected PICoT question (PO #3).
CO6: Evaluate appropriateness of a quantitative research design for a selected PICOT question (PO #3).
CO8: Demonstrate understanding of mixed-method research and the strategy of triangulation design (PO #3).
CO12: Demonstrate advanced nursing practice skills necessary for outcome assessment, measurement, and evaluation (PO #5).
This assignment is worth a total of 100 points.
Submit your completed application under the Dropbox tab by Wednesday11:59 p.m. MT of Week 8 as directed.
1. The You Decide Reflectionis worth 100 points and will be graded on quality of self-assessment, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
2. Create your essay using Microsoft Word(a part of Microsoft Office), which is the required format for all Chamberlain College of Nursing documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx”
3. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about your essay may be posted under the Q&A forum.
4. The length of the reflection is to be within three to six pages excluding title page and reference pages.
5. APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
Note: Introduction – Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association(2010, p. 63).
a. You Decide Reflection
Preparing Your Reflection
The DNP Essentials (AACN, 2006)outline a number of analytical methods for evidence-based practicecompetencies for theDNP-prepared nurse. Reflect on the NR714 course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have completed across this course and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared to:
1. “Use analytic methods to critically appraise existing literature and other evidence to determine and implement the best evidence for practice.
2. Design and implement processes to evaluate outcomes of practice, practice patterns, and systems of care within a practice setting, healthcare organization, or community against national benchmarks to determine variances in practice outcomes and population trends.
3. Design, direct, and evaluate quality improvement methodologies to promote safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and patient-centered care.
4. Apply relevant findings to develop practice guidelines and improve practice and the practice environment.
5. Use information technology and research methods appropriately to:
a. collect appropriate and accurate data to generate evidence for nursing practice
b. inform and guide the design of databases that generate meaningful evidence for nursing practice
c. analyze data from practice
d. design evidence-based interventions
e. predict and analyze outcomes
f. examine patterns of behavior and outcomes
g. identify gaps in evidence for practice
6. Function as a practice specialist/consultant in collaborative knowledge-generating research.
7. Disseminate findings from evidence-based practice and research to improve healthcare outcomes” (AACN, 2006, p. 12).
American Association of Colleges of Nursing [AACN]. (2006). The essentials of doctoral education for advanced nursing practice.Washington, DC: Author.
NR714 Week 7 Module 1 Quiz Latest 2017 November (all correct answers)
3.25 / 3.25 pts
Which of the examples below demonstrates generalizability?
A commercial endotracheal tube stabilizer was tested in the ICU at a rural hospital and found to be effective in preventing device-related circumoral pressure ulcers. The Chief Nursing Officer has now approved the device to be used in the Burn Unit.
A new pain medication was shown to be effective in a group of osteoarthritis patients in a major metropolitan city and subsequently has been approved for use for all osteoarthritis patients nationwide.
A new helmet law was implemented in a Midwestern state. In response to this new legislation, hospital X has begun to give free helmets to patients upon discharge.
A second generation antihypertensive drug is FDA-approved and added to the DNP curriculum in a major university.
3.25 / 3.25 pts
Which of the following examples demonstrates transferability?
You read a research article that reported that music therapy decreased anxiety in pre-operative patients. Subsequently you obtained approval to use music therapy at your hospital with pre-operative patients.
You identify several key research studies in your hospital’s searchable database and transfer them to your personal files.
A nurse implements a new evidence-based intervention aimed at reducing ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP). He is unable to adhere to the demanding work schedule and is transferred to another unit.
You conduct a randomized control trial (RCT) with a sample of Myasthenia Gravis patients. You are now able to apply this statistically significant RCT to the general population of Myasthenia Gravis patients.
3.25 / 3.25 pts
All of the statements are true of transferability EXCEPT:
If there are sufficient similarities between the research and our own clinical situation, we may be able to infer that the results of the research would be similar in our situation.
When reading a research article, we note certain characteristics of the study and consider the applicability to our own clinical practice.
We must know as much as possible about the original research in order to determine if the results are applicable to our own practice.
We can transfer or apply any study results to our own practice as long as the study was reliable and valid.
Assignment : Discuss Project Report
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25