Assignment: Domain of Inquiry.
FIGURE 1. Leininger’s Sunrise Model to Depict Dimensions of the Theory of Culture Care Diversity and Universality.
1. Care is the essence of nursing and a distinct, dominant, cen- tral, and unifying focus.
2. Culturally based care (caring) is essential for well-being, health, growth, survival, and in facing handicaps or death.
3. Culturally based care is the most comprehensive, holistic, and particularistic means to know, explain, interpret, and predict beneficial congruent care practices.
4. Culturally based caring is essential to curing and healing, as there can be no curing without caring, although caring can oc- cur without curing.
5. Culture care concepts, meanings, expressions, patterns, pro- cesses, and structural forms vary transculturally, with diversi- ties (differences) and some universalities (commonalties).
Four major tenets were formulated to systematically examine the theory with the researcher’s stated domain of inquiry (DOI) and the ethnonursing method. An example of a DOI would be “the study of care meanings, values, and expressions of Mexican rural families with cancer.” Every word in this DOI is studied in-depth using the four theory ten- ets, which are (a) culturally based care has diversities (differ- ences or variabilities) and some universal (common) features; (b) worldview, cultural, and social structure factors and others in the Sunrise Model influence care outcomes related to cul- turally congruent care; (c) genericemic(lay, folk, or indige- nous) practices and professionaleticnursing practices influ- ence care practice outcomes; (d) the three predicted theoreti- cal modes for transcultural care actions and decisions are, namely, culture care preservation and/or maintenance, cul- ture care accommodation and/or negotiation, and culture care repatterning and/or restructuring to provide culturally con- gruent and beneficial care. Besides the Sunrise Model, other ethnonursing enablers are used to rigorously examine the the- ory tenets.
THE ETHNONURSING RESEARCH METHOD, ENABLERS, AND QUALITATIVE CRITERIA
The ethnonursing research method was specifically designed by the theorist to provide in-depth study of the domain of inquiry. Covert and embedded care and culture data could be teased out with the enablers. Although other nurse theorists were borrowing quantitative methods and tools, I found that these modes failed to tap rich and meaning- ful emic and etic data and that cultural care beliefs and lifeways could not be manipulated and measured meaning- fully.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25