Assignment: Government Influences
attaining those objectives. This function includes consulting with all segments of management responsible for policy or action concerning any phase of the operation of the business as it relates to the performance of this function.
4. Report to government agencies as required and supervise all matters relating to taxes.
5. Interpret and report on the effect of external influences on the attainment of the objectives of the business. This function includes the continuous appraisal of economic and social forces and of government influences as they affect the operations of the business.
6. Provide protection for the assets of the business. This function includes establishing and maintaining adequate internal control and auditing and ensuring proper insurance coverage.
A profile of the average hospital and system CFO, according to information provided by the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA), is shown in exhibit 2.2.
All six surveys that make up exhibit 2.2 include compensation comparisons by gender. In 2011, women CFOs earned an average of $62,400 less than men, up from a difference of $42,900 reported in 2009. In an attempt to determine the differences in sal- ary between men and women, regression studies in 2001 and 2003 found that most of the differences were determined by other factors such as job tenure, total number of reporting employees, net patient revenue of the organization, the area’s wage index, possession of a certified public accountant (CPA) certificate, eligibility for bonus or profit sharing, and
2005 2007 2009 2011 2013 2015
$172,000➤ $196,000➤ $209,800 $224,500 $236,600 $266,000
Average➤age 48 49 50 51 53 53
Percent➤male 77 78 71 71 72 70
46 46 50 51 51 55
Percent➤with➤CPA 47 43 47 50 47 52
19 15 24 27 28 28
exHIbIt 2.2 Hospital
CFO Profile: Characteristics
of Survey Respondents
00_Nowicki (2339) Book.indb 36 5/17/17 10:57 AM
C h a p t e r ➤ 2 : ➤ O r g a n i z a t i o n ➤ o f ➤ F i n a n c i a l ➤ M a n a g e m e n t 3 7
bed count; however, gender still accounted for $14,000 of the reported difference in 2001 and $15,000 of the reported difference in 2003.
At an average age of 53 in 2015, hospital and system CFOs are relatively young. This means that organizations and associations such as HFMA will need to find new ways to motivate CFOs who have reached the top of their career ladder at a young age (the 1995 CFO profiles reported that only 8 percent of the surveyed CFOs aspired to be the CEO). Although only 16 percent of the CFOs were women in 1995, that percentage has increased steadily over the years, and it will continue to increase as women who graduate from business schools gain the prerequisite experience to be CFOs. Fifty-five percent of the CFOs have advanced degrees, usually in business administration. Most CFOs have undergraduate degrees in accounting, and 52 percent are certified in public accounting.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25