Assignment: Health Services
1. One of the results of the 2005 Hurricanes Katrina and Rita in Louisiana has been an increase in the influx of Spanish-speaking workers. Incorporating cultural and linguistic competence to meet the health needs of this population would include
2. A mechanism health care organizations need to incorporate into their strategic plan for culturally and linguistically appropriate services includes
3. Kwanzaa was created in the 1960s to raise awareness and pride for the African- American community. While its tenets can be applied to all people, this particular celebration was developed to celebrate a specific
5. After the Vietnam War, many Vietnamese immigrated to the United States and settled in areas where they could maintain many of the cultural customs and traditions of Vietnam, including festivals, Saturday schools to educate the children in the Vietnamese language and planting communal gardens. This is an example of
6. A seminal event in the boomer generation that can still elicit comment today is the question
a. ”How did the Challenger tragedy affect you?”
c. ”Do you remember Pearl Harbor?”
d. ”What were you doing on September 11, 2001?”
8. The best outcome for health care facilities incorporating cultural care into their practices is
9. An important consideration when making a home health visit to a client is to:
11. Touch is an important component of nursing, but using it without understanding the client’s cultural background can be a violation of their
14. While the Census Bureau has placed race as a sociopolitical construct, placing oneself into a racial category can still present a challenge. Those who consider themselves “Creole” would be more likely to place themselves into the category labeled
15. While shifts in the population profile are occurring, what is an important consideration to address in health care?
16. With the percentage of the 65+ population greatest among White non-Hispanics in the 2000 Census, health planning needs would indicate
18. A hurdle immigrants face coming to a new country is
22. Among the very real concerns for all residents of the United States, citizens and legal permanent residents, is the rise in undocumented people entering the country. What impact is this having on health care?
23. One recognized deterrent to poverty is
24. While income is not a restrictor for engaging in health-promoting behaviors, higher income improves them through
25. Many people and groups have provided definitions of health, but the most widely used definition is that from
d. WHO (World Health Organization
26. As people progress through a health profession education program, definitions of health become
27. In attempting to define health, what can occur?
28. Health status and determinants are used to
29. Healthy People 2010 represents
31. Among the sick role components is the
32. During the stage of patient status, it is expected that
33. Assuming the sick role according to Suchman means the person
34. A person who has cancer may have followed this illness trajectory:
b. acute illnes
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25