Assignment: the Dilemma (Nataliya)
Description of the Dilemma (Nataliya)
A. Vaping is not a safer approach to smoking like many think especially to children or adolescents. Reasons for that include:
A. According to Knopf (2017), electronic cigarettes are addictive and can harm brain development in children or adolescents. Secondhand vapor is also harmful to the growing lungs. In agreement with Knopf, Doughlass & Solecki (2017) add on that nicotine can result not only in addiction but create behavioral and cognitive impairments, memory issues, inattention and excessive function impairments.
1. Ethics (Linda)
B. Why its “good” (Nataliya)
a. Many of the electronic cigarettes like juuls are fashionable and convenient to use for youth compared to regular cigarettes. According to Prudkovsky (2019) they’re mostly odorless and can be charged over a short period of time from an electronic device such as a computer. Such feature makes smoking less noticeable by the parent or teacher.
a. As stated by Doughlass & Solecki (2017) flavorings/taste were one of the three commonly reported reasons for e-cigarette use among teens and young adults. Other two reasons are that e-cigarettes are considered to be less harmful than other tobacco products and lastly, it’s simply the curiosity to why it attracts the youth.
1. Ethics (Linda)
C. Resources to Resolve the Dilemma (Spring)
1. Vaping and E-cigarettes have become very popular and appealing among young adults due to their advertisement, price discount, and enticing new products. Also, these teens are dealing with peer pressure and they might give in to try it so they can fit in. That is why it is crucial for the guardian or parents to educate their children about the dangers of these products and why it should not be used. It is also important to have that talk with your child early as possible. This can help the child understand it better and they can help their friends understand it better too. This can also prevent them from becoming a victim to smoking those products. One of the education campaigns is called Truth Initiative which help teen understand how bad these products and companies are.
1. Some states passed the no smoking in public law like Washington. The Spokane county prohibited vaping in places that include indoor spaces, places of employment like the theater, restaurants, and more, and outdoors that are within 25 feet of doors. Washington also has their own requirement to be eligible to buy those smoking products which are, having a license to sell and buy, specific age, etc…Even though this does not banned vaping or smoking completely, it still reduces the chance of other people inhaling it when they are nearby. More states should implement this rule and Illinois should be one of them.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25