Assignment: The Human Imagination
Purchased from AOTA for the exclusive use of Saleh Bukhamsin (email@example.com 000004590130) © 2019 AOTA. Please report unauthorized use to firstname.lastname@example.org
1980 Eleanor Clarke Slagle Lecture
This thought is true for us. It is true for each patient or client we serve. Are we a profession that supports change? I believe so. Another quote from Bronowski:
We are all afraid—for our confidence, for the future, for the world. That is the nature of the human imagination. Yet every man, every civilization, has gone forward because of its engagement with what it has set itself to do. The personal com- mitment of a man to his skills, the intellectual commitment and the emotional commitment working together as one, has made the Ascent of Man. (8, p. 438)
As a profession and as professionals, let us put our resources, intelligence, and emotional commitment together and work diligently toward the ascent of our profession. The health care system, the clients we serve, and each of us individually will benefit from our commitment.
1. Health and United States, U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare, Public Health Service, Health Resource Administration, 1978, p iii
2. Brown JHU: The Health Care Dilemma, New York: Human Sciences Press, 1978, pp 10–12 3. Cantril H: Challenges of Humanistic Psychology, New York: McGraw-Hill, 1967, pp 14–16 4. Battistella RM, Rundell TG: Health Care Policy in a Changing Environment, Berkeley: McCutcheon, 1978, pp xv–vxiii 5. Warner DM, Holloway DC: Decision Making and Control for Health Administration, Ann Arbor: Health Administration Press, 1978, pp 337–378
6. Glaser RJ: Some Thoughts of Medical Education and Medical Care, Health Manpower Education and Distribution, The Carnegie Commission Report, The Dedication Proceedings, Oct. 12, 13, 14, 1977, pp 65–66
7. Weimer R: Educational Aspects of The Changing Role of Occupational Therapy, Committee on Basic Professional Educa- tion Educational Forum, Oct. 31, 1969, “O.T.” Community Health Alienation vs. Non-alienation, p 9
8. Bronowski J: The Ascent of Man, Boston: Little, Brown and Company, 1973, pp 62–64 9. Ad Hoc Committee on Education (Nationally Speaking) Issues in Education. Am J Occup Ther 32: 355–358, 1978 10. Von Bertalanffy L: General Systems Theory, New York: George Brazier, 1963, p 39 11. Snow CP: The Two Cultures and a Second Look, Cambridge: University Press, 1964, p 5 12. Snow CP: The Search, New York: Charles Scribner and Sons, 1968, p 49 13. Machlup F: The Production and Distribution of Knowledge in the United States, Princeton: Princeton University Press,
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25