Assignment: The Parkinson’s disease,
Module 5 Assignment Louis Louis Worksheet
After watching the “Louis Louis” video, answer the following questions. It is recommended you down load this worksheet and print to record notes while viewing the video. Once you have formulated your final responses, you can type on this worksheet save as word document then submit.
1. When asked about what he would say to people just finding out that they have Parkinson’s disease, Louis states that he would tell them, “You got a long road. A hard road. An ugly road. But make the best of it. You need a sense of humor. Have fun.”
A. Would you agree with his advice?
B. What surprised you when viewing Louis’ experience of living with Parkinson’s disease?
C. How would you describe his “long, hard and ugly road”?
D. How did he “make the best of it”?
2. A. What three concepts associated with chronic illness/disability/palliative care were apparent in Louis’ story?
B. Think about concepts such as: Caregiver, caregiver strain, etc
3. A. Describe Louis’ greatest physical and psychosocial challenges.
B. How did he overcome or attempt to overcome these challenges?
C. What typical signs and symptoms associated with Parkinson’s disease did Louis exhibit?
D. What medication side effect was the family least prepared to encounter?
4. Examine adaptive/coping responses by Louis in his will to survive. Provide specific one example to support your answer
5. A. Identify two priority concerns/issues related to Louis’s diagnosis.
B. What therapeutic interventions would you suggest to address these concerns/issues?
C. What specific education would you include in Louis’ plan of care in promoting his health and the health of his family?
6. A. Identify sources of support for Louis apparent in the film.
B. Describe a scene in film that readily exemplifies his support system.
7. Bruce (son) discusses that his father only trusted immediate family, Ann and Cynthia (daughters).
A. What environmental concerns or issues would you address in working with Louis and his family during his socialization into the community and living alone?
B. What recommendations would you make to attend to these concerns or issues?
8. A. Describe Louis’ family response to his health status.
B. Discuss the family dynamics when Ann was talking to Cynthia about the responsibilities of caregiving and how angry she was with her siblings for depriving her of experiences with her own children.
9. At the end of his life, Louis whispers to his family to “let me go.” His daughter states she is not sure that they did the right thing (not putting their father on life support).
A. How would you respond to her statement?
10. A. What did you learn about yourself from viewing “Louis, Louis”?
B. How will you use your personal insight gained from Louis’ story in your professional practice?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25