Assignment 1: Theories of Leadership
Due Week 4 and worth 150 points
For all assignments, assume that the City Manager has hired you as the Chief of Staff for your local
government. The City Manager has tasked you with developing and implementing the government’s new
million dollar grant funded Public Leadership Academy. The mission of the Public Leadership Academy is
to provide ongoing training and development of the local government’s current and prospective public
leaders. This program was developed in an effort to build and sustain world class public leadership that
exemplifies exceptional leadership traits and skills, while fostering long-term relationships internal and
external stakeholders and constituents. In the upcoming weeks, you will deliver your first presentation to
the government’s local councilpersons, in which you address the type of public leadership model(s) that is
both needed within the local government for its public leaders and required to fulfil the mission of the
Public Leadership Academy.
After careful review and analysis of the steps needed to meet your goal, your first assignment is to revisit
the theories and styles of leadership. You will examine the theories and styles that support the role of the
You may use the Internet and / or Strayer databases to complete any additional research.
Note: You may create and / or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this
Use the basic outline below to draft your paper. Organize your responses to each question (except
Question 4) under the following section headings:
• Defining The Public Leader (for Question 1)
• Leadership Theories (for Question 2)
• Leadership Styles (for Question 3)
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Determine two (2) leadership theories and two (2) leadership styles that support the definition of a
public leader. Provide a rationale for your response.
2. Assess the effectiveness of the two (2) leadership theories from Question 1. Provide two (2)
examples for each leadership theory.
3. Assess the effectiveness of the two (2) leadership styles from Question 1. Provide two (2)
examples for each leadership style.
4. Include at least five (5) academic references (no more than five  years old) from material
outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate academic resources include academic and governmental
Websites, scholarly texts, and peer-reviewed articles. Wikipedia, other wikis, and any other
websites ending in anything other than “.gov” do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your
professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25