Please answer three of the the following questions using the essay format, include an introduction and conclusion. Be certain to answer all parts of the question. Your answer for each question should be no more than 3 pages in length.
1. How has regionalism affected the development of the Canadian economy throughout its history? How has the Canadian federal system mitigated the effects of the differences in economies among the regions? How have globalization and the adoption of neo-liberal policy affected British Columbia’s economy? Be as specific as possible in your answer.
2. The Canadian strategy for mitigating the effects of the global financial crisis (2007-2009) was to stimulate the economy through infusion of capital, thereby incurring a deficit, followed by the adoption of an austerity program. What were the strengths and weaknesses of this approach? How did it differ or was similar to the approach of the United States’ government?
3. The global financial crisis has resulted in many governments around the world considering shifting toward more Keynesian policies. Is this a positive or negative position, why? Is there a benefit to retaining neo-liberal fiscal policies despite the effects and consequences of the crisis? Why or why not?
4. Discuss the adoption of neo-liberal economic policy by the Chretien-Martin government in the mid-1990’s. Were these policies beneficial or detrimental to Canada, why or why not? What were the short and long term consequences of these policies? Be as specific as possible.
5. Discuss the events leading to, and the consequences of, the global financial crisis of 2007-2009. In what ways did this crisis resemble/differ from the Depression of the 30’s. What are the lessons to be learned for Canada from the 2007-2009 crisis?
6. Given Reich’s notion of “shared prosperity” and the discussion among Peter Mansbridge and his panelists, consider the future of Canada’s political economy moving forward. Be as specific as possible, using examples.
Discount Code: SAVE25