FINAL EXAM STUDY GUIDE
I. CATEGORICAL PROPOSITIONS
1. Put the following two statements into standard form; identify the subject and predicate class
terms, the quality, and the quality, and name the form (A, E, I, or O). See Exercise 6.1B
2. For each pair of propositions, given that the first one is true, determine whether the second
proposition is true, false or undetermined, in accordance with the Traditional Square of
Opposition. See Exercise 6.2
3. State the converse (or obverse or contrapositive) of the following proposition. Indicate whether
the proposition and its converse (or obverse or contrapositive) are equivalent. See Exercise 6.5C
II. CATEGORICAL SYLLOGISMS
4. Put the following syllogism into standard form. Identify the major, minor and middle class
terms. Identify the mood and figure. Then use the rules to determine whether the argument is
valid or not. If it is invalid, state all rules that it violates. See Exercise 7.4B- B
5. For the following syllogism, use the Venn Diagram test to determine whether the syllogism is
valid. See Exercise 7.5A
III. PROPOSITIONAL LOGIC – PROPOSITIONS
6. Identify the main connective in each of the following two statements. See Exercise 9.2 A
7. Put each of the following two statements into symbolic notation, using appropriate letters to
abbreviate atomic components. Provide a translation manual – i.e., what statements are
represented by what letters. See Exercise 9.2B
IV. PROPOSITIONAL LOGIC – PROOFS OF VALIDITY
8. Each of the following two arguments is an instance of one of the nine inference rules. Identify
the form. See Exercise 10.3A-A & 10.3B-A
9. For the following proof, state the justification for each step. See Exercise 10.3C-A
10. Show that the following argument is valid by constructing a proof. See Exercise 10.3C-B
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25