This is a PowerPoint Presentation Assignment
TOPIC: Native American and African Traditional Religion Beliefs and Practices Presentation
You will research a Native American or African community's culture, oral tradition, religious texts, historical background, and current beliefs and practices.
If possible, interview a Native American or African, medicine man, shaman, or museum expert about that community. If you would like to take pictures during your visit to this community, museum, or place of worship be sure to obtain permission.
In a 15-20-slide presentation with slide notes (not including title slide and reference slide), address the following elements:
1. Name of the Native American community or African Tribal Religion and the historical religious beliefs and practices of that group.
2. How historical beliefs and religious practices have been influenced (positively or negatively) by the dominant surrounding culture. Include specific examples.
3. Current religious beliefs and practices and the part they play in the daily life of a typical member of the community.
4. Elements of the traditional religion that a Christian would need to consider when sharing the Christian faith/gospel with a person from this community.
5. Evaluation of the impact American or European policy has had on Native American or African Tribal Religion beliefs and practices.
6. How current and future governmental policies could impact personal beliefs and practices of that community in the future.
Be creative. Include a title slide, reference slide(s), and slide notes that provide detailed explanation of slide information.
Utilize the course textbook and a minimum of five additional academic resources, one of which can be your interview and should include topic materials and external resources.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Read Chapters 7 and 8 in Neighboring Faiths: A Christian Introduction to World Religions.
Read "African Concept of God, Evil and Salvation in African Traditional Religion (ATR): Critique From Cultural View Point," by Adedeji, from the Journal of Global Intelligence & Policy (2012). URL:https://lopes.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=94267150&site=eds-live&scope=site
View the "African Worldviews" video, by Conrad Mbewe, on the YouTube website (2010). URL:https://youtu.be/n6LoX19amwI
Read "The Story of Africa: Traditional Religions, Islam and Christianity" from the BBC World Service website.URL:http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/africa/features/storyofafrica/6chapter5.shtml
Read "Great Mysteries: Native North American Religions and Participatory Visions," by Marks, from ReVision (2007).URL:https://lopes.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=rlh&AN=25960417&site=eds-live&scope=site
Read the Introduction and Chapter 3, "Cultural Identity, Authenticity, and Community Survival: The Politics of Recognition in the Study of Native American Religions," by Irwin, in Native American Spirituality: A Critical Reader (2000). URL:http://site.ebrary.com.lopes.idm.oclc.org/lib/grandcanyon/reader.action?ppg=1&docID=10015712&tm=1454512284208
Read the article,"'Kill the Indian, and Save the Man': Capt. Richard H. Pratt on the Education of Native Americans," on the History Matters website. URL:http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/4929/
View the "Kill the Indian, Save the Man" video on the YouTube website. URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKozx9rQXZU
View the first 15 minutes of the "Richard Twiss Memorial" video on the YouTube website (2013). After watching the first 15 minutes, reflect on Lakota Sioux Christian music. URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUOFQLGS0k4
View the testimony of Richard Twiss in the "Drumming, Chanting and Other Christian Things" video on the YouTube website (2013). URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1-yF_-tHjU&t=675s
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25