You are required to write a research proposal for my research project in my final year. You are required to follow the info given. You will complete a form A and and ethics form which i will attach
For the form A; only bother about these. I will handle the rest.
What is the Academic focus of the Dissertation? THE IMPORTANCE AND SUCCESS OF YOUTH FOOTBALL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES
What Research Paradigm are you working in? (eg interpretive, critical, ….) YOU DECIDE
What Methodology (eg. ethnographic, case study ) will you use for this focus? You decide.
What data collection Methods (eg. interviews, diaries) will you use? YOU DECIDE
What data analysis methods (eg. Semiotic, discourse, thematic, inductive) will you use?
List the key authors that will form the theoretical framework for this study. YOU DECIDE
For the Ethics form; basically follow the form attached to guide you.
Complete the rationale
Review of Literature
Use literature links for the ethics
Ethical approval for research project
ESSENTIAL for all research-based assignments
RESEARCH PROPOSAL: ETHICAL APPROVAL FORM
(printed red version is for reference only, please complete electronically and print out to give to your tutor for signatures)
Student Name and Tutor
Location of research
Outline of proposed research project
Provide a brief rationale for your project – Who (authors/organisations argue this focus is important/needed and why.
What is the aim of your study?
What are your objectives?
What are your research questions?
Review of literature (1000 words)
What is the theoretical underpinnings of your focus?
You may write this section using subheadings –
Proposed Research Design –
Use subheadings –
Philosophy, – position your research /yourself as a researcher – eg. interpretive paradigm, feminist lens.
Methodology, – ethnography, grounded theory etc
Methods,- observation, interviews what kind? etc
Tools of analysis – semiotics, thematic analysis, coding etc
Context, – who where? (false names)
YOU MUST MAKE LINKs TO LITERATURE
This section needs to be detailed and linked to qualitative authors. . What setting? Who are your participants? How many participants are you going to use?
What exactly are you going to do and what is your research design? What equipment are you going to use, what is the reliability and validity of your research protocol you are using.
This should be 4 – 5 paragraphs and link to your appendices if necessary.
– Statement of UOB/ISPAR ethics code- see Breo
Identification of potential risks to participants (Anonymity, Vulnerability Confidentiality, data protection, risk etc)
You must include all the potential risks to your participants. Think about your research design and the equipment you are using and what risks they carry. Think about the physical exertion you may be asking your participants to do. Is any of this potentially dangerous to the population you are looking at? Are they vulnerable? DATA protection issues.
USE LITERATURE LINKS
Links to the ethics code for research – see lecture on this
Safety of participants
Withdrawal at any time
‘Do no harm’
Data Protection – new guidelines – see breoo
Statement of how risks will be minimised /avoided (LINKED TO QUAL. AUTHORS)
You must include ways you will reduce the potential risks to your participants IN YOUR STUDY. You need to include a statement on how you will respect confidentiality, anonymity for example use false names and state they can withdraw at any part of the study. You need to state that you will provide both verbal and written consent of the participants after they have had clear, written instructions regarding the exact procedure they will need to take part in. Clear participant instructions – eg Participation Information Form MUST be completed by you and UOB ISPAR consent forms included as part of your ethical application.
How will the data be stored safely? DPI forms must be used and stored centrally by UOB.
The BERA/ESRC (delete as appropriate) guidelines have been consulted to inform ethical practice (
Ethical Research Issues Checklist (Below to be completed by student)
Has the research proposal identified any of the following research procedures? (Circle/Underline):
1. Gathering information about human beings (and organisations) through;
· Interviewing, Surveying, Questionnaires, Observation of human behaviour
· Taking human tissue/fluids
· Interfering in normal physiological and/or psychological processes
2. Using archived data in which individuals are identifiable
3. Researching into illegal activities
4. Research with children/vulnerable adults (I confirm that I have CRB clearance ()
If any of the above are circled/underlined, does the proposal satisfactorily identify the ways in which the following will be dealt with the following (tick boxes for “Yes”):
(Below to be completed by research supervisor)
· Voluntary participation without inducement;
· Procedures for providing participants with full awareness of the objectives of the research, the procedures to be followed, and the anticipated outcomes particularly in respect of publication of findings;
· Proposal has met the criteria for respect for confidentiality and publication contained in Research Ethics Committee policy
· Research proposal form completed appropriately
· Informed consent completed appropriately
Do the procedures identified in the proposal necessitate full formal risk assessment? YES/NO
Has the risk assessment been carried out? YES/NO/NONE REQUIRED
Does this assessment fall within university limits? YES/NO/NONE REQUIRED
For the above two questions you need to have read and acknowledged all the relevant risk assessments and read the relevant generic ethical documentation (found in the Laboratory Community on BREO)
(Below to be completed by student)
Approved by the organisation hosting the research:
The student has read and understood the guidelines provided by the Faculty of Education and Sport on ethical issues related to empirical research. They are aware of the need for anonymity for the children and organisation (school), confidentiality of data, and the need for a professional approach during the investigation to minimise any potential risk to participants. Their research proposal has been approved.
Please include all these forms in your appendices:
Participant Information Sheet (filled in for this study)
All relevant risk assessments
Data Protection Forms
Timeline for the study
Form A: Registration
Student Name & ID Number:……………………………………………………………
Please state briefly the following information:
What is the Academic focus of the Dissertation? (eg. disaffected young women in PE)
1. What Research Paradigm are you working in? (eg interpretive, critical, ….)
2. What Methodology (eg. ethnographic, case study ) will you use for this focus?
3. What data collection Methods (eg. interviews, diaries) will you use?
4. What data analysis methods (eg. Semiotic, discourse, thematic, inductive) will you use?
5. List the key authors that will form the theoretical framework for this study.
Student Signature: Date:
Advisor’s Signature: Date:
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25